Kira Trevino Told Mom of Marital Strife
A search warrant affidavit says a St. Paul woman who police believe was killed by her husband told her mother she was thinking about leaving her spouse.
Affidavits filed in the second-degree murder case against Jeffery Trevino says his mother-in-law, Marcie Steger, told police her daughter's husband was "very controlling" and was trying to monitor her activities by attempting to access her bank and personal accounts.
Ramsey County prosecutors have charged Trevino in the death of Kira Trevino even though her body has not been found.
According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press the affidavits also say police confiscated a black hooded sweatshirt and white tennis shoes from the couple's home.
Police say a person driving the victim's car just before she was reported missing was wearing similar clothing.
Trevino remains in jail on $1 million bail.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Body of Kira Trevino Found Battered, Nude
- RAW VIDEO: Police Say Kira Trevino's Body Was Found in the Mississippi River
- Investigation into Kira Trevino's Death Continues
- RAW VIDEO: $5K Reward Offered in Kira Trevino Case
- Nothing Found in Minn. Lake Search for Trevino's Body
- Volunteers Plan More Searches for Kira Trevino
- No Sign of Kira Trevino in Thursday's Search
- Volunteers Search Bunker Hills Regional Park for Kira Trevino
- Prosecutors Seek Tougher Sentence for Husband of Kira Trevino
- Volunteers Cover Miles in Search for Kira Trevino