St. Paul Police Receiving Tips in Missing Woman Case
St. Paul police say they've gotten more than a dozen leads from tip callers in the search for a missing woman.
They're still looking for the body of 30-year-old Kira Trevino, who's believed to be dead.
Her husband Jeffery Trevino is charged with two counts of second-degree murder after investigators found a lot of blood in the couple's home.
Police set up a tip line last Friday.
Police say they are looking for details on "Where she's at, where she went...and to really complete the puzzle."
At a press conference Friday St. Paul Police said, "We know someone out there might have seen something suspicious and we need answers to the questions we currently have."
Police are also are looking for information on Jeffrey Trevino.
Police specifically want information on Jeffrey Trevino's whereabouts between the hours of 9 p.m. Feb. 21 and 9:45 a.m. Feb. 22.
The tip line is staffed by an investigator at the St. Paul Police department. The tip line's phone number is 651-560-3277.
Investigators will ask callers questions about the nature of the information, including locations and times.
Police will accept anonymous calls, but they're asking callers to leave their name and number.
Police say they set up the tip line because they need closure to this violent act.
Meanwhile, 39-year-old Jeffrey Trevino is being held at the Ramsey County Jail for allegedly killing Kira.
Trevino's bail was set at $1 million.
See video of our previous coverage in the video box above.
- Jeffery Trevino Sentenced to 27 Years, Kira Steger’s Family Wanted More
- Friends, Family Say Goodbye to Kira Steger
- Kira Steger's Family Plans to Lay Her to Rest
- Court Asked to Toss Jeffery Trevino's Murder Conviction
- INTERVIEW: Defense Attorney Weighs in on Trevino Trial
- NEWS CONFERENCE: Steger Family Speaks Following Verdict in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
- Kira Steger's Father: Justice Has Been Done
- Testimony: Trevino Concerned About Missing Wife's 'Stuff'
- Judge: Closing Arguments Expected Tuesday in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
- Expert: Blood Found in Kira Steger's Home