MN Might Name Highway for Slain Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker
A Minnesota police officer killed in the line of duty could soon be remembered with a stretch of highway named in his honor.
A state House committee planned Tuesday to consider a bill to designate portions of Highway 23 in central Minnesota the "Officer Tom Decker Memorial Highway." Signs would be put along the part of the highway leading from Wakefield township to the city of Richmond.
Decker was the Cold Spring police officer gunned down while responding to a call in November. The investigation into the shooting has yet to conclude.
It's but one legislative tribute to Decker in the works. In Congress, Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann is pushing a bill to name a post office after Decker.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fallen Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker to be Added to Memorial
- Appointed Receiver to Help Divide Funds for Officer Tom Decker's Family
- Slain Cold Spring Officer's Family Argues over Donated Money
- Man Arrested in Cold Spring Cop Death Pleads in Stalking Case
- Badge Number of Cold Spring Officer Killed Retired
- Cold Spring Retires Tom Decker's Badge Number
- Basketball Tournament Benefits Officer Decker's Family
- MN Might Name Highway for Slain Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker
- Slain Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker's Partner Resigns
- Ryan Larson Released from Wright County Jail