Man Released in Decker Case Posts Bail for Stalking
Ryan Larson, the man arrested and later released in the killing of Cold Spring police officer Tom Decker, turned himself in to the Wright County Jail for felony stalking Sunday.
A warrant was issued for Larson's arrest last week.
A criminal complaint was filed last Thursday in Wright County accusing Larson of felony stalking and violating a restraining order. Larson allegedly contacted a healthcare facility in Buffalo where his ex-girlfriend worked.
The Wright County Attorney's Office said Larson made his first court appearance Monday.
Larson posted $10,000 bail, with conditions. He would have to turn over all weapons within 24 hours of his release, stay law abiding, not use drugs or alcohol, and obey the order for protection, keeping 10 miles away from his ex.
He was released from jail at 2:06 p.m.
His he is due in court Jan. 24.
The complaint filed last week also says Larson also made threatening posts about his ex-girlfriend's company and contacted two of her former employers. Authorities say one of the incidents caused his ex-girlfriend to lose her job.
The night Decker was shot and killed, Nov. 29, the Sheriff's office says the ex-girlfriend called Wright County reporting Larson had sent threatening text messages to his mother.
The sheriff's office says at 10:30 p.m., roughly 15-minutes before Decker was shot and killed, two sheriff deputies were called to Larson's ex-girlfriends house because she was concerned about her safety.
- Vigil Marks 1 Year Since Shooting Death of Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker
- BCA: Decker Slaying Would Have Ended in Arrest
- Officer Decker's Brother Talks after New Developments in Case
- Minn. Highway Stretch Takes Name of Slain Cold Spring Officer
- Settlement Reached Over Funds Raised for Slain Cold Spring Officer
- Fallen Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker to be Added to Memorial
- Appointed Receiver to Help Divide Funds for Officer Tom Decker's Family
- Slain Cold Spring Officer's Family Argues over Donated Money
- Man Arrested in Cold Spring Cop Death Pleads in Stalking Case
- Badge Number of Cold Spring Officer Killed Retired