BCA Seeks Info on 'Person of Interest' in Cold Spring Murder
In the three days since the BCA asked the public for help, it says it has received additional information from the public.
On Thursday, the BCA asked the public for information regarding Eric Joseph Thomes. Investigators say Thomes hanged himself when investigators arrived at his Cold Spring home to re-interview him about the murder of Officer Tom Decker.
Decker was shot and killed outside a Cold Spring bar Friday, Nov. 30, 2012.
Investigators say Thomes has made inconsistent statements when questioned about the case before.
While the BCA is not releasing what kind of new information it has, it is still stopping short of calling Thomes a suspect. Investigators say Thomes is only a person of interest. The bureau defines the term as anyone agents might consider talking to or who might have relevant information.
The only person identified as a suspect, Ryan Larson, was released shortly after his arrest due to a lack of evidence.
- Vigil Marks 1 Year Since Shooting Death of Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker
- BCA: Decker Slaying Would Have Ended in Arrest
- Officer Decker's Brother Talks after New Developments in Case
- Minn. Highway Stretch Takes Name of Slain Cold Spring Officer
- Settlement Reached Over Funds Raised for Slain Cold Spring Officer
- Fallen Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker to be Added to Memorial
- Appointed Receiver to Help Divide Funds for Officer Tom Decker's Family
- Slain Cold Spring Officer's Family Argues over Donated Money
- Man Arrested in Cold Spring Cop Death Pleads in Stalking Case
- Badge Number of Cold Spring Officer Killed Retired