Conn. Lawyer Withdraws $100M Lawsuit over Massacre
A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim - at least for now.
The Stamford Advocate reports that Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.
Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury" during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.
The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Moment of Silence Marks 6 Months Since Newtown
- Obama to Meet Relatives of Newtown Shooting Victims
- Conn. Bill Includes Up to $50M for Newtown School
- Commission Weighs Challenge on Newtown 911 Calls
- Suit Filed over Conn. Gun Law Passed after Newtown
- Conn. Bill Gives Families Say over Newtown Records
- Conn. Lawmakers Seek Federal Funds for Newtown
- Medal of Honor Society to Honor Newtown Educators
- Newtown Budget with Extra School Security Rejected
- Director Plans Movie Related to Newtown Shooting