Father of Conn. School Gunman Claims Son's Body
The father of the gunman who killed 26 people in a Connecticut school shooting has claimed his son's body.
A spokesman for the family said Monday that Peter Lanza claimed the remains of Adam Lanza. He says there were private arrangements over the weekend, but won't elaborate on what those arrangements were.
The 20-year-old Adam Lanza killed 20 first-graders and six adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14. He also killed his mother in their Newtown home before going on the rampage and committing suicide.
The Connecticut medical examiner's office says his body was released on Thursday.
A private funeral was held earlier this month in New Hampshire for his mother, Nancy Lanza, who was divorced from Peter Lanza.
Police haven't offered a motive for the killings.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Conn. Lawmakers Seek Federal Funds for Newtown
- Medal of Honor Society to Honor Newtown Educators
- Newtown Budget with Extra School Security Rejected
- Director Plans Movie Related to Newtown Shooting
- Newtown School Officials Seek Waiver to Testing
- Groupon Halts Gun Related Deals
- Minister: Somber Newtown Needs MLK's Words of Hope
- Newtown Shooting Survivors Record Song for Charity
- Conn. Group Starts Anti-Violence Effort
- Vote Set to Name Conn. School for Slain Teacher