Bachmann: Name Cold Spring Post Office for Slain Officer Decker
A congressional effort is under way to rename the Cold Spring post office in honor of slain police officer Tom Decker.
Rep. Michele Bachmann says she'll push to formally rename the U.S. post office the "Officer Tommy Decker Memorial Post Office."
Bachmann, speaking on the floor of the U.S. House, said the bill will be cosponsored by every member of the state's congressional delegation.
Decker was killed on duty while responding to call in November.
The investigation into his death remains active and there is no suspect in custody.
Bachmann took to the House floor on Tuesday to speak about Decker, calling his life an "example of courage and unparalleled compassion."
- Vigil Marks 1 Year Since Shooting Death of Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker
- BCA: Decker Slaying Would Have Ended in Arrest
- Officer Decker's Brother Talks after New Developments in Case
- Minn. Highway Stretch Takes Name of Slain Cold Spring Officer
- Settlement Reached Over Funds Raised for Slain Cold Spring Officer
- Fallen Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker to be Added to Memorial
- Appointed Receiver to Help Divide Funds for Officer Tom Decker's Family
- Slain Cold Spring Officer's Family Argues over Donated Money
- Man Arrested in Cold Spring Cop Death Pleads in Stalking Case
- Badge Number of Cold Spring Officer Killed Retired