Blue Bulbs Sold for Fallen Cold Spring Officer's Family
Richmond firefighters are selling blue light bulbs to raise money for the family of a Cold Spring-Richmond police officer who was killed on duty in November.
A St. Cloud Times report says the bulbs cost $5 each, of which $4 will go to memorial funds for Tom Decker.
Richmond firefighter Skip Halvorson says it's important to show community support after such a tragic incident. He hopes people will turn on the blue lights at night to build a sense of community.
Halvorson got the idea from the Douglas County sheriff's department, which raised almost $900 for Decker's family.
Decker was fatally shot behind a downtown bar as he and a partner were checking on a man who was reported to be suicidal. Decker had two sons and two daughters.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vigil Marks 1 Year Since Shooting Death of Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker
- BCA: Decker Slaying Would Have Ended in Arrest
- Officer Decker's Brother Talks after New Developments in Case
- Minn. Highway Stretch Takes Name of Slain Cold Spring Officer
- Settlement Reached Over Funds Raised for Slain Cold Spring Officer
- Fallen Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker to be Added to Memorial
- Appointed Receiver to Help Divide Funds for Officer Tom Decker's Family
- Slain Cold Spring Officer's Family Argues over Donated Money
- Man Arrested in Cold Spring Cop Death Pleads in Stalking Case
- Badge Number of Cold Spring Officer Killed Retired