Friend: Suspect in Officer Slaying 'Not a Monster'
A friend of the man accused of gunning down a central Minnesota police officer says the suspect is "not a monster."
Jeff Scoles Jr. of Sartell says suspect Ryan Michael Larson "was a normal person." Scoles finds it hard to believe Larson is suspected of killing Cold Spring police Officer Tom Decker.
Scoles owns a bar in Cold Spring. He says Larson lived the past two years in an apartment above the bar and was a bartender at Scoles' other bar in Sartell.
Scoles says Larson was doing his homework at the Sartell bar Thursday and was in a "good mood" when he left.
That night, Decker was responding to a report of a suicidal man when he was shot twice in downtown Cold Spring. Larson is in jail.
(Photo: Ryan Michael Larson)
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fallen Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker to be Added to Memorial
- Appointed Receiver to Help Divide Funds for Officer Tom Decker's Family
- Slain Cold Spring Officer's Family Argues over Donated Money
- Man Arrested in Cold Spring Cop Death Pleads in Stalking Case
- Badge Number of Cold Spring Officer Killed Retired
- Cold Spring Retires Tom Decker's Badge Number
- Basketball Tournament Benefits Officer Decker's Family
- MN Might Name Highway for Slain Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker
- Slain Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker's Partner Resigns
- Ryan Larson Released from Wright County Jail