Wis. Gov. Walker Cancels Mo. Campaign Trip
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker will not attend a series of campaign events for Missouri's Republican gubernatorial candidate because of a deadly shooting at a suburban Milwaukee salon.
Walker had been scheduled to headline a pair of fundraisers Monday in Kansas City and St. Louis for gubernatorial candidate Dave Spence. Walker also was to have participated in a rally Monday afternoon with Spence in Jefferson City.
Spence's campaign manager, Jared Craighead, said all of the events will proceed without Walker. He says Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt will take over the speaking duties for Walker.
The rally in Jefferson City also is to feature Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer, State Auditor Tom Schweich and Republican state treasurer candidate Cole McNary.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wisconsin Gov. Walker to Headline Iowa GOP Dinner
- Wis. Supreme Court to Meet with State Lawmakers
- Walker to Speak at Conservative Group's Meeting
- Walker to Deliver Third State of State Speech
- Wis. GOP Leaders Favor Lower Income Tax Rates
- Walker Talks Mining and Jobs During 3 Stops
- Eliminating Same-Day Registration to be Discussed in WI
- Report Says $69M in Recall Spending Outside Wis
- Wis. Governor Insists He's Not Thinking about 2016
- Walker Outlines Priorities in California Speech