Family Mourns Stillwater Boy Who Died from Apparent Amebic Infection
Family and friends gathered to say goodbye to a 9-year-old Stillwater boy who died from a suspected rare amoeba infection.
Funeral services were held in Circle Pines Saturday for Jack Ariola Erenberg.
Jack had recently swam in Lily Lake in Stillwater. Health officials say that's where he likely contracted the severe brain infection.
Earlier this week Jack's mom told KSTP, "Jack was a little boy who loved the outdoors. He loved swimming and kayaking... he was a boy who just loved being outside."
Lily Lake remains closed until further notice.
- Stillwater Residents Push for Municipal Pool After Boy's Death
- Lily Lake Closed for Season after Boy's Death
- CDC Confirms Amoeba Infection Killed 9-Year-Old Boy
- Family Mourns Stillwater Boy Who Died from Apparent Amebic Infection
- Funeral Planned for Stillwater Boy Who Died from Apparent Amebic Infection
- What You Should Know About the Naegleria Fowleri Amoeba
- VIDEO: Microbiologist Discusses Amoeba Linked to Child's Death
- Stillwater Lake Remains Closed After Apparent Deadly Amebic Infection
- Boy Dies from Apparent Amebic Infection