3 Kids in 2 States Electrocuted While Swimming
Three kids in two states were electrocuted while swimming yesterday.
In southwest Missouri, a 13-year-old and an 8-year-old were electrocuted while swimming near a private dock at the Lake of the Ozarks. Authorities say the wiring of the dock was not protected.
The adults noticed an electrical charge in the water but didn’t know where it was coming from. Investigators say the electricity could have come from lights, water pumps, or fish cleaning stations. It isn’t clear if the kids touched the dock or metal around it.
In Tennessee, a 10-year-old boy was also electrocuted. He and another person were swimming from one house boat to another. It’s not clear if the electric current was coming from a metal ladder or the boat itself. Others who were on the dock tried to help them.
Besides the boy, six other people there were shocked and went to the hospital but are expected to be ok.