Mass. Man's Sunscreen Catches Fire While Wearing it
A man had a freak accident because of the sunscreen he put on – the spray-on sunscreen he used caught fire.
A Massachusetts man says he sprayed on Banana Boat sunscreen, walked over to a grill, and the sunscreen caught fire. The second-degree burns up his back are still there, 10 days later.
There were warnings on the bottle’s label saying “Flammable: don’t use near heat,” but there was no warning about not going near heat once it’s applied.
Banana Boat says it’s investigating the incident.