Updated: 03/01/2014 12:04 PM
Created: 03/01/2014 8:03 AM KSTP.com
By: Cassie Hart
Crews in Jordan, Minn., worked on a major gas leak for hours in the freezing temperatures after a building collapsed Friday night, according to fire officials.
The building, which used to be a cabinet shop, was vacant and no one was injured.
Jordan Fire Chief Steve Kochlin tells KSTP crews were on scene since 11:30 p.m. Friday. They were able to turn the gas off around 10:30 a.m. Saturday, and they cleared the scene just before noon.
Roads were blocked off as crews worked the scene in the 100 block of East 1st Street. The leak did not impact nearby businesses or neighbors, Kochlin said.
The frozen ground created problems for crews trying to reach the gas main.
No word yet on what may have caused the building to collapse.