abc
QUICK LINKS:

Alleged Minn. Bomb-maker Told FBI He was not Violent

Updated: 12/20/2013 2:56 PM
Created: 12/20/2013 2:53 PM KSTP.com
By: Scott Theisen

A Minnesota man charged in what the FBI has called a terror plot allegedly told authorities in May that he was not violent, and was using the Internet to investigate "bad" people.
    
Twenty-five-year-old Buford Rogers is scheduled to go on trial next month on four counts, including possessing Molotov cocktails. He's not charged with terrorism.
    
Rogers made the comments in an FBI interview after he was arrested in May. A redacted transcript was unsealed Friday.
    
According to the transcript, Rogers talked about making bombs. He also talked about others he associated with through his militia, including a man whom he described as an intelligence officer with the National Guard. Last week, a man fitting that description was charged with fraud.
    
A message left with Rogers' attorney wasn't immediately returned.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Photo: MGN Online
Twenty-five-year-old Buford Rogers

Minneapolis/St. Paul

Broken Clouds
43°
68° | 50°
  • Feels like: 35° F
  • Wind: SSE 18mph
  • Humidity: 68%
  • Sun Morning clouds followed by afternoon sun
    71° | 52°
  • Mon Times of sun and clouds
    72° | 50°
  • Tue More clouds than sun
    62° | 45°
  • Wed Showers possible
    60° | 50°

Video

KSTP NEWS