Minn. Vikings Stadium Timetable to Get Updated
Vikings Stadium plans
Photo: Ryan Companies
The much-anticipated groundbreaking for a new Minnesota Vikings football stadium is being pushed out a bit longer.
Officials involved in the $975 million planned Friday to discuss an updated timetable. Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority leader Michele Kelm-Helgen says that they're now eying a November start to significant construction. That's slightly later than the tentative October schedule set earlier.
The Vikings stadium project is churning along behind the scenes, with millions of dollars in contracts already inked. Yet to come are a lease with the team, a maximum construction price and a bond sale to pay for it.
Meanwhile, the authority is conducting a probe into the finances of the team's New Jersey-based owners. The examination is meant to ensure the team's $477 million private financial pledge will be met.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rochester High School Gets Metrodome Turf
- Council to Determine Mpls. City Attorney's Fate Friday
- Season Ticket Holders Can Preview New Vikings Stadium
- Metrodome Demolition Takes Down Concrete Ring
- Hotel, Apartments Proposed for Downtown East Development
- Metrodome Demolition on Hold During Investigation into Fallen Beam
- Beam Falls in Metrodome Demolition, Sound Rumbles Through Downtown Area
- Dome Demo Under Way, Progress Obvious
- Ryan Companies Purchases Land from Star Tribune
- Vikings Detail New Minn. Stadium Seating Fees