Opening Statements Begin in Zimmerman Trial
Trayvon Martin's mother is asking for members of the public to pray for her family as opening statements begin in the trial of the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with fatally shooting her son.
Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, said Monday that she didn't want any other mothers to have to go through what she is experiencing. She spoke just minutes before opening statements were set to start in George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial.
Zimmerman is pleading not guilty, claiming self-defense.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Prosecutor: No Domestic Charges Against George Zimmerman
- George Zimmerman Released from Jail
- Judge to Decide if Zimmerman is Released on Bail
- iPad Video Could be Key in George Zimmerman Case
- Zimmerman's Wife Seeks Life Insurance Policy
- George Zimmerman's Wife Pleads Guilty to Perjury
- Zimmerman Will Ask Fla. to Pay Some Bills
- Ohio Gun Group Raises $12,000 for George Zimmerman
- Juror Feels She Let Down Trayvon Martin's Parents
- Officials: Zimmerman Helped 4 Out of Car Wreck