Jelinek Family Seeks Closure with Discovery of Body
The family of the Oakdale woman missing since Dec. gathered to comfort each other Saturday.
The Chisago County Sheriff confirmed the body of Danielle Jelinek was pulled from a small lake Friday.
Authorities used an airboat during their recovery effort to remove her body from the water just west of Kodiak Ave. and 261st St. in Chisago Lakes Township.
The body was positively identified by the Anoka County medical examiner.
Sheriff Rick Duncan says a State Patrol helicopter out searching for Jelinek Friday afternoon spotted her body in a pond roughly 200 yards from Aaron Schnagl's home. He is a person of interest in the case.
Family members had contacted police on Dec. 9, to do a welfare check at the home of Schnagl, Jelinek's on-again, off-again boyfriend. That's where she was last seen.
Schnagl is currently in jail on drug charges. He has not been charged in Jelinek's disappearance.
Searchers had covered the area previously but it was during the winter, when there was a lot of snow on the ground.
- Aaron Schnagl Accused of Providing Cocaine in Danielle Jelinek's Death
- Memorial Service Information for Danielle Jelinek
- Jelinek Family Seeks Closure with Discovery of Body
- RAW VIDEO: Rescuers Work to Recover Body in Chisago County
- Family of Missing Oakdale Woman Asks Anglers for Help
- Authorities Search Chisago County Lakes for Missing Oakdale Woman
- Searches for Kira Trevino, Danielle Jelinek Turn Up Empty
- Benefit Raises Donations for Missing Oakdale Woman
- Person of Interest in Case of Missing Oakdale Woman Appears in Court
- Reward Offered in Minn. Missing Woman Case