Police Release More Background Information on David Roe
We're learning more about David Roe, a person of interest in the disappearance of Eden Prairie resident Mandy Matula. A police report involving Roe back in 2007 shows that he was obsessed with his high school sweetheart.
The offense David Roe was accused of? Stalking.
In her statement, Emily Erdmann says she broke up with Roe but he continued to call, text, follow and check on her after she repeatedly told him to stop.
She says Roe followed a male friend of hers, John Kruse, in his car one day after school. Apparently Roe had seen the two talking. It reads, "Roe was driving crazy to keep up with Kruse and was changing lanes and cutting people off."
The report goes on to say that Roe would call Erdmann's friends to find out where she was.
Erdman says Roe was controlling, manipulative and had a bad temper. She says he pushed her one time and punched her in the stomach another time during their relationship.
The school resource officer spoke with Roe, telling him he couldn't have any more contact with Erdmann. It was recommended to Erdmann to get a restraining order. A safety plan was devised for her well-being.
Emily Erdmann says the stalking lasted for two months. Roe was arrested for stalking but never charged.
Click here to view the documents.
- UMD Athletics Sets Up Fund in Memory of Mandy Matula
- Softball Game Honors Memory of Mandy Matula
- Large Attendance Expected at Mandy Matula’s Memorial
- Mandy Matula's Funeral to Take Place at Eden Prairie Church
- Matula’s Family Visits Sartell Park Where Body was Found
- Closure for Mandy Matula's Family After Remains Found
- NEWS CONFERENCE: Eden Prairie Police Release New Details in Death of Mandy Matula
- Eden Prairie Police Chief: Mandy Matula had a Single Gunshot Wound to the Head
- Family: Clothing, Class Ring of Mandy Matula Found Near Remains Discovered in Stearns County
- Mandy Matula's Family Still Searching for Closure