Searches for Kira Trevino, Danielle Jelinek Turn Up Empty
Searches for two women missing from the metro gained new urgency as the ice cleared from the lakes. The searches for two women, who disappeared last winter under suspicious circumstances in separate cases, continued this weekend.
Volunteers gathered for another search of the body of a missing St. Paul woman Saturday.
The group planned to put up flyers at bait shops, marinas and boat launches as they look for closured in the disappearance of Kira Trevino.
St. Paul police are offering a $5,000 reward to anyone who has information that will help locate the body of the 30-year-old woman.
St. Paul police said there aren’t any major new developments in the case.
Kira Trevino, who was last seen on Feb. 21, is presumed dead. Community members and police have conducted numerous searches for her body.
Her husband 39-year-old Jeffery Trevino has been charged with two counts of second-degree murder in her disappearance. His trial is scheduled to begin May 28. He pleaded not guilty to the murder charges against him.
Authorities focused on three lakes in Chisago County in the search for Danielle Jelinek Saturday.
The search, that started at 7 a.m., wrapped up Saturday afternoon with no new signs of Jelinek.
The sheriff's department searched Green, Moody and Spider Lakes.
The 30-year-old Oakdale woman disappeared in December. Family had contacted police to do a welfare check at the home of Jelinek's on-again/off-again friend, Aaron Schnagl. That's where she was last seen Dec. 9.
Deputies found her purse, shoes and cell phone inside the house. Schnagl is a "person of interest" in the investigation.
Schnagl was arrested for drug possession when his home was searched.
Schnagl was sentence to prison in Feb. after pleading guilty to a charge of second-degree cocaine possession.
Since Jelinek’s disappearance, Schnagl had been held in the Anoka County jail for the probation violation. He has since been transferred to the state prison in St. Cloud.
- Memorial Service Information for Danielle Jelinek
- Family of Missing Oakdale Woman Asks Anglers for Help
- RAW VIDEO: Rescuers Work to Recover Body in Chisago County
- Jelinek Family Seeks Closure with Discovery of Body
- Authorities Search Chisago County Lakes for Missing Oakdale Woman
- Searches for Kira Trevino, Danielle Jelinek Turn Up Empty
- Benefit Raises Donations for Missing Oakdale Woman
- Person of Interest in Case of Missing Oakdale Woman Appears in Court
- Reward Offered in Minn. Missing Woman Case
- Dive Team: No New Clues in Search for Missing Oakdale Woman