Police Investigate Woman's Disappearance in Eden Prairie
Authorities are investigating the disappearance of woman in Eden Prairie.
Police and other first responders searched Miller Park Thursday evening after a man coming in for questioning in her disappearance shot himself in the parking lot of the Eden Prairie City Center earlier in the day.
A city official said police were contacted by the family of 24-year-old Mandy Marie Matula around 8:30 a.m. Thursday, after she didn't show up for work.
She was last seen around 11 p.m. Wednesday by her family.
Police believe she was at Miller Park around 1:30 a.m. Thursday with 24-year-old David Roe, of Victoria. Mandy's father tells 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS his daughter dated Roe but had recently tried breaking off the relationship, but Roe did not want the relationship to end.
Roe was identified as a person of interest and was asked to come to the police station. Officials say when he arrived he shot himself in the head in his vehicle in the parking lot.
Eden Prairie Police say Roe was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center a spokesperson for the hospital told us they have "no available information on David Roe."
Anyone who saw a black 2013 Ford Escape, with the Minnesota plate 802-KNA, should call the Eden Prairie Police Department at 952-949-6200.
Officials say police have the vehicle but they want to know where it was Wednesday night.
There is no danger to the public, according to police.
Watch CHOPPER 5 video of the search.
- Former Teammates Honor Mandy Matula at Home Opener in Duluth
- Teen Charged in Blue Earth Co. in Suspected Synthetic Drug Death
- UMD Athletics Sets Up Fund in Memory of Mandy Matula
- Softball Game Honors Memory of Mandy Matula
- Large Attendance Expected at Mandy Matula’s Memorial
- Mandy Matula's Funeral to Take Place at Eden Prairie Church
- Matula’s Family Visits Sartell Park Where Body was Found
- Closure for Mandy Matula's Family After Remains Found
- Eden Prairie Police Chief: Mandy Matula had a Single Gunshot Wound to the Head
- NEWS CONFERENCE: Eden Prairie Police Release New Details in Death of Mandy Matula