Golden Valley Ballroom Damaged in Overnight Fire
A Golden Valley ballroom was damaged in a fire Friday morning.
The fire started around 3:30 a.m. at the Metropolitan Ballroom and Clubroom in the 5400 block of Wayzata Blvd.
Officers who were first on the scene could see flames and smoke inside the building.
A sprinkler system helped keep the fire from spreading from the kitchen area to other parts of the building. Fire officials say the fire started in a laundry bag in the kitchen.
Three people were rescued from the second story apartment above.
No injuries were reported.