Family of Kira Trevino Seeks Closure, Search Continues
The search continued Wednesday on Keller Lake in Maplewood for 30-year-old Kira Trevino of St. Paul.
Search crews have drilled nearly 50 holes into the ice in hopes of finding Kira Trevino's body. They are also using sonar equipment and cadaver dogs.
Investigators and volunteers have been focusing on Keller Lake in Maplewood after DNA evidence found there matched Kira Trevino.
Kira Trevino is presumed dead after she went missing in February.
Her husband, Jeffrey Trevino, is charged with her murder.
Sgt. Paul Paulos with the St. Paul Police Department said "This is nothing we are going to give-up on. We are going to continue the search along with the family, along with the police department, more importantly the community that has strived great efforts in helping on this."
Police say they will continue to search the lake until they find Kira Trevino or until they have no reason to believe her body is there.
- Jeffery Trevino Appeals Murder Conviction in Death of Wife
- Jeffery Trevino Sentenced to 27 Years, Kira Steger’s Family Wanted More
- Friends, Family Say Goodbye to Kira Steger
- Kira Steger's Family Plans to Lay Her to Rest
- Court Asked to Toss Jeffery Trevino's Murder Conviction
- INTERVIEW: Defense Attorney Weighs in on Trevino Trial
- NEWS CONFERENCE: Steger Family Speaks Following Verdict in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
- Kira Steger's Father: Justice Has Been Done
- Testimony: Trevino Concerned About Missing Wife's 'Stuff'
- Judge: Closing Arguments Expected Tuesday in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial