Husband of Missing St. Paul Woman Remains Jailed
Several squad cars surrounded the house of Kira and Jeffrey Trevino Tuesday. St. Paul investigators say, it is a crime scene.
"We located enough evidence to show that a crime had been committed in the house," Sergeant Paul Paulos of the St. Paul Police Department said.
Police say, their main suspect is Kira's husband Jeffrey.
"There was enough evidence to place the husband under arrest," Sergeant Paulos said.
A missing person's report was filled out for Kira Trevino last Friday. Her car was found parked at the Mall Of America where she worked the next day, Saturday. It was towed and checked for evidence.
Investigators got a search warrant and went through the couples house on Iowa Avenue East in St. Paul. A third person living at the house was questioned.
"The roommate is cooperating and is talking to police," Sergeant Paulos said.
That's because Barb Garbe says, she lived in the Trevino's house for 13 years before them. She says, she feels violated.
"Even though we don't live there anymore, something like this happens, it's a icky feeling," Garbe said.
As police continue their investigation they say, one thing is clear, they have no idea where Kira Trevino is right now. But they believe she is dead.
- Jeffery Trevino Sentenced to 27 Years, Kira Steger’s Family Wanted More
- Friends, Family Say Goodbye to Kira Steger
- Kira Steger's Family Plans to Lay Her to Rest
- Court Asked to Toss Jeffery Trevino's Murder Conviction
- INTERVIEW: Defense Attorney Weighs in on Trevino Trial
- NEWS CONFERENCE: Steger Family Speaks Following Verdict in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
- Kira Steger's Father: Justice Has Been Done
- Testimony: Trevino Concerned About Missing Wife's 'Stuff'
- Judge: Closing Arguments Expected Tuesday in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
- Expert: Blood Found in Kira Steger's Home