Gun Control Supporters Rally at the Capitol
Gun control supporters rallied at the Minnesota State Capitol Monday afternoon. Hundreds showed up with handmade signs and banners... and an agenda.
The state Senate Judiciary Committee takes up the topic of tougher gun laws later this week. The hearings will focus on background checks and loopholes, but not an assault weapons ban.
Supporters say they are pushing for common sense change.
"The other side has held this conversation for too long," said Jane Kay with 'One Million Moms for Gun Control.'
The hearings begin Thursday.
- Gov't Gets Poor Marks on Protecting Gun Rights
- Biden to Hold Gun Control Event Next Week
- Scaled-Back Gun Bill Headed for Minn. Senate Vote
- Senators Discuss Changing Background Checks Bill
- House DFLer Blasts Speaker for Dropping Gun Bill
- Rahamim: Disappointed, But Progress on Gun Control
- Minn. House Speaker: No Gun Bills This Year
- As Gun Measures Stall, Rural Dems Hold Key
- A New Front for Gun Background Checks: The Ballot
- Manchin: Gun Bill to be Reintroduced