No Sign of Missing Oakdale Woman, Search Continues
Crews and volunteers continued to search Thursday in Chisago County for an Oakdale woman who was reported missing.
Twenty-seven-year -old Danielle Jelinek hasn't been seen or heard from since Saturday.
Family had contacted police to do a welfare check at the home of Jelinek's on-again/off-again friend, 28-year-old Aaron Schnagl. That's where she was last seen.
His home is located on the 11200 block of 261st Street.
Deputies found her purse, shoes and cell phone inside the house.
The sheriff's office is calling this a missing person's case.
So far, no clues in her disappearance have been found.
Thursday's search for Jelinek wrapped up around 4:30 p.m.
Volunteers and crews will begin the search again between 9 and 9:30 a.m. Friday at Schnagl's home and in that general area.
Earlier in the day, the Chisago County Sheriff's Office said they still have hope Jelinek is alive.
Sheriff Rick Duncan says, "Because of the temperatures and so forth we're hoping that Danielle either got a ride someplace and is still out there with somebody else. And hopefully somebody will give us key information about her missing. A lot of things can happen in this time period. Maybe she wants to be missing, we don't know that, but we want to be able to rule out any of that."
Duncan said late Thursday that Schnagl is now a "person of interest" in the investigation.
Schnagl was arrested for drug possession when his home was searched.
- Memorial Service Information for Danielle Jelinek
- Family of Missing Oakdale Woman Asks Anglers for Help
- RAW VIDEO: Rescuers Work to Recover Body in Chisago County
- Jelinek Family Seeks Closure with Discovery of Body
- Authorities Search Chisago County Lakes for Missing Oakdale Woman
- Searches for Kira Trevino, Danielle Jelinek Turn Up Empty
- Benefit Raises Donations for Missing Oakdale Woman
- Person of Interest in Case of Missing Oakdale Woman Appears in Court
- Reward Offered in Minn. Missing Woman Case
- Dive Team: No New Clues in Search for Missing Oakdale Woman