Cold Spring Mayor Hopes for Clue in Decker's Death
Authorities are still searching for evidence that will lead to the person who killed Cold Spring police Officer Tom Decker.
Decker was fatally shot last Thursday. A suspect was initially arrested but has been released. The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension says Thursday there have been no new arrests.
Mayor Doug Schmitz says he felt numb in recent days as Decker was laid to rest, and the fact that no one is charged is a "hard pill to swallow." He says everyone wants the case solved.
Schmitz hopes someone will come forward with a clue, or the shooter will turn him or herself in.
Authorities urge residents to share information, even if it seems minor. They're also asking residents to help search for a shotgun believed to be the murder weapon.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fallen Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker to be Added to Memorial
- Appointed Receiver to Help Divide Funds for Officer Tom Decker's Family
- Slain Cold Spring Officer's Family Argues over Donated Money
- Man Arrested in Cold Spring Cop Death Pleads in Stalking Case
- Badge Number of Cold Spring Officer Killed Retired
- Cold Spring Retires Tom Decker's Badge Number
- Basketball Tournament Benefits Officer Decker's Family
- MN Might Name Highway for Slain Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker
- Slain Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker's Partner Resigns
- Ryan Larson Released from Wright County Jail