Search for Gun Used to Kill Cold Spring Officer Continues
Authorities are still looking for the gun used to kill a Cold Spring police officer this week.
The Stearns County sheriff's office put out a request Saturday asking members of the public to keep on the lookout for a discarded weapon. They believe the firearm used was a 20-gauge shotgun.
Authorities are asking Cold Spring residents to check their yards and areas around their homes. The sheriff's office says anyone who finds the weapon should leave it untouched and call 911.
Detectives are investigating the shooting of Officer Tom Decker, who was ambushed late Thursday after being called to check on a man's welfare. Investigators say several guns were found, but they're still looking for the presumed murder weapon.
The 34-year-old shooting suspect was taken into custody Friday.
A visitation for Decker is planned for 4 p.m. Tuesday at St. Boniface Catholic Church in Cold Spring. The funeral is set for 11 a.m. Wednesday at Saint John's Abbey and University Church in Collegeville.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fallen Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker to be Added to Memorial
- Appointed Receiver to Help Divide Funds for Officer Tom Decker's Family
- Slain Cold Spring Officer's Family Argues over Donated Money
- Man Arrested in Cold Spring Cop Death Pleads in Stalking Case
- Badge Number of Cold Spring Officer Killed Retired
- Cold Spring Retires Tom Decker's Badge Number
- Basketball Tournament Benefits Officer Decker's Family
- MN Might Name Highway for Slain Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker
- Slain Cold Spring Officer Tom Decker's Partner Resigns
- Ryan Larson Released from Wright County Jail