St. Louis Park Amber Alert Suspect Has Criminal Past
Police say the armed man who took a toddler in St. Louis Park is no stranger to law enforcement.
Authorities say George Rutledge abducted the 17-month-old girl from her home and assaulted the child's mother Thursday night. The woman told police he had a pistol and threatened to kill the girl and himself.
The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension issued an Amber Alert which said the father was driving a Ford Expedition with South Carolina license plates and a temporary vehicle registration sticker.
Friday morning, St. Louis Park police said the man and toddler were found in Blaine. The toddler is OK and is being returned to her mother. Her father is in jail and charges are pending.
Rutledge has these following charges:
- Disorderly Conduct, Scott County 11-16-2007 (Convicted 9/23/2009)
- Fleeing a Police Officer by means other than a motor vehicle, Hennepin County, 1/5/2011 (Convicted on 4/14/11)
- Obstructing Legal Process, Hennepin County, 9/23/2011 (Convicted on 9/30/11)
- Assault - 4th Degree- Peace Officer - Physically Assaults, Hennepin County 8/16/2011 (Convicted 6/8/12)Gives
- False Name/Birthdate/ID Card, Anoka County, 6/6/12 (Convicted 10/22/12)
The Associated Press contributed to this report