Hampton Bar a Total Loss After Blaze

May 18, 2017 05:55 PM

A Hampton bar is a total loss after a fire Thursday afternoon.

The Dakota County Sheriff's Office reports a fire at the Naughty Pine Tavern, located at 23309 Water Street, began around noon. The office said one person was cutting metal in the basement, then left the building. Something reportedly smoldered from that job and investigators believe that was what started the fire.

Advertisement

The sheriff's office said there were no injuries. One person who lived in an apartment above the bar was not home at the time of the fire.

Two dogs did die, however. 

The blaze is not considered suspicious. Officials at Hampton City Hall said firefighters from the Randolph-Hampton Fire District worked to extinguish the fire.

Credits

Frank Rajkowski

Copyright 2017 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Advertisement