Advertisement

Authorities Identify St. Paul Man Killed in Weekend House Fire

August 08, 2016 11:10 AM

Authorities have identified the St. Paul man who died in a weekend house fire.
    
Neighbors called in the fire early Saturday morning as they saw smoke coming outside of the man's home. Firefighters extinguished a fire in the basement and found a 64-year-old man dead in a living room chair. They found no other victims.
    
The man was identified Monday as Michael Cyril Buckley. St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard said the fire was caused by smoking while using an oxygen tank.
    
Neighbors said Buckley lived alone and appeared to have health issues that might have impaired his ability to move.

(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Advertisement

KSTP

Copyright 2016 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Advertisement