April 25, 2018 03:07 PM
One person was killed in a Fridley house fire Tuesday.
According to Fridley Fire Chief John Berg, firefighters were called around 8 p.m. to a fire at a home on the 300 block of Hugo Street.
Berg said callers reported the fire started in the kitchen and spread to the living room.
He said an adult man was trapped on the second floor of the home. The chief confirmed the man died.
His identity was not released, but family members identified him as 24-year-old DJ Wasserman.
Berg said it is believed the fire was started from grease in the kitchen.
No firefighters were injured while responding to the incident.
Meanwhile, Wasserman's family has started a GoFundme page.
*Editor's Note: The address listed in earlier versions of this story was incorrect. The story has since been updated and is accurate.
Updated: April 25, 2018 03:07 PM
Created: April 24, 2018 10:04 PM
Copyright 2018 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company