abc
QUICK LINKS:

Frazee, Minn., Man Escapes House Fire Caused by Space Heater

Created: 04/20/2014 1:24 PM KSTP.com
By: Megan Stewart

The first floor of an Otter Tail County man's house has been destroyed by a fire that sparked from a space heater on Saturday, according to authorities.

Jon Ryan, 38, of Frazee, Minn., woke to find blankets near the space heater in flames, authorities said. He was able to escape the blaze safely through a side door to the house, located at 51249 428th Ave.

Fire crews were able to extinguish the flames and most of the damage was contained to the first floor, authorities said.

Authorities said the fire is not considered suspicious. The Ottertail County Sheriff's Office, along with fire departments from Perham, Vergas and Frazee, responded to the fire report.

Photo: KSTP/File

Minneapolis/St. Paul

Scattered Clouds
56°
65° | 40°
  • Feels like: 56° F
  • Wind: NW 13mph
  • Humidity: 40%
  • Sun Plenty of sun
    65° | 50°
  • Mon Showers possible in the afternoon
    65° | 45°
  • Tue More clouds than sun
    53° | 36°
  • Wed More sun than clouds
    50° | 35°

Video

KSTP NEWS