RAW: Cleveland Kidnapping Victim: I Cried Every Night
One of the victims of convicted Cleveland kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro says at his sentencing hearing that she cried every night and that her years in captivity "turned into eternity."
Michelle Knight says she spent 11 years in hell and that Castro's hell is now beginning.
Her appearance is the first time she's been seen publicly since her rescue from the house where she was held captive for 10 years.
The 32-year-old Knight was the first woman abducted by Ariel Castro in 2002 after he lured her into his house with the promise of a puppy for her son.
Castro has pleaded guilty to charges that he repeatedly raped Knight and two other victims, and also forced Knight to miscarry after he impregnated her.
Knight was the only victim to testify. Relatives spoke for the other two victims.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ohio Kidnapping Survivors are Working on Book
- 3 Kidnapped Ohio Women Could Receive Compensation
- Autoerotic Asphyxiation Possible in Castro Death
- Ohio Reviewing Ariel Castro's Prison Cell Suicide
- Ohio Man Who Held 3 Women Captive Hangs Himself
- Cleveland House in Kidnap, Rape Case is Demolished
- Former Ohio Captive Says She Knew She'd Escape
- Ohio Man Gets Life Term in Kidnapping of 3 Women
- RAW: Cleveland Kidnapping Victim: I Cried Every Night
- Prosecutor: Sentencing to Prove Castro is Monster