WEB EXTRA: Phase II of the MOA Expansion
Construction at the Mall of America.
Photo: KSTP/Naomi Pescovitz
The Mall of America is about to get bigger.
The mall in Bloomington is planning a 5.6 million-square-foot expansion as part of Phase II. The plans call for a multi-level complex, which could draw an additional 20 million visitors a year - nearly 60 percent from outside 150 miles. The increased visitors are estimated to almost double the state's economic impact to an estimated $4.3 billion.
- Up to 5.6 million square feet of retail, hotel and entertainment options.
- Unique lodging options such as boutique, business, family and premium hotels.
- 20,000-square-foot event space to host community events, celebrity appearances and more.
- Museum-quality exhibit space.
- The state's largest water park.
- High level services, spas and a wellness center.
- Fine quality restaurants and bistros.
- Nightlife, entertainment options, and state-of-the-art movie theaters.
- Exclusive and boutique-style retail offerings.
Click here to learn more about the project.