INFO: Hennepin Co. Top Ten Most Wanted; How to Submit Tips
How are suspects selected for Hennepin County's Top Ten Most Wanted List?
When selecting suspects for the Most Wanted List, the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office follows the general practices used by the FBI. The Sheriff's Office established the following guidelines for selection in which the individual meets one or more of the criteria:
- When an individual has committed a serious crime - or the individual is a threat to the community.
- When publicity will be useful in locating a suspect: In some cases, investigators may determine that publicity may be helpful in locating a particular fugitive. Publicity may not be appropriate in some cases or in certain phases of an investigation.
- The Most Wanted List will include suspects who are wanted on a variety of different crimes: The Most Wanted List is an opportunity to educate the public about different types of crimes and new/emerging threats to public safety.
How can members of the public provide tips to the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office?
If you know the location of a wanted person, please call 9-1-1.
If you have a tip, you may earn a cash reward if your information results in an arrest and you can remain anonymous. To provide a tip, do one of the following:
- Call the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office: 1-888-988-TIPS (8477)
- Submit an online tip form located at www.hennepinsheriff.org.
- Text HCSOtip to 847 411. Be sure to begin your message with keyword HCSOTip, then continue entering your tip.
- Download the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office app for iPhones or Android phones.
Tipsters may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. For information, visit www.crimestoppersmn.org.
Information from Hennepin County Sheriff's Office.