Donate to Those Impacted by Lilydale Landslide
A fund has been set up at Citizen’s Independent bank in St. Louis Park to help those impacted by the landslide at Lilydale Park.
The incident left two children dead, and two others injured, during a field trip Wednesday in the park.
Here is a statement released by St. Louis Park Schools:
A serious accident occurred during a Peter Hobart Elementary School 4th grade field trip to Lilydale Park on Wednesday, May 22.
At this time, we can report that one student has died, two students were injured and another student is missing. Crisis counselors are on site today at the school and available to students, parents and staff.
Dr. Debra Bowers, Superintendent of St. Louis Park Public Schools issued the following statement on May 22, 2013:
“This is an incredibly sad time for our schools and our entire school community. Our hearts go out to the families, friends and everyone touched by today’s accident. The St. Louis Park Schools are providing support and resources to students, staff and families, and we will continue to do so as long as needed. We, like everyone else, want to understand how this tragedy occurred, but today we ask for your continued thoughts and prayers for everyone involved.”
A fund for the students and families impacted by this tragedy has been established at Citizens Independent Bank, St. Louis Park.
Donations can be sent to:
Peter Hobart Student Fund
c/o Citizen’s Independent Bank
5000 West 36th Street
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
*Information from St. Louis Park Public School's website.
The PTA at Peter Hobart will also auction gift baskets at the school's spring family night. Proceeds will go to the families. To donate, contact Tami Cabrera at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St. Paul to Pay $1M to Families of Kids Killed in Lilydale Landslide
- Investigators: Fatal Rockslide Was Not Predictable
- Parents: School Should Have Warned of Lilydale Park Dangers
- Online Auction to Benefit Families of Peter Hobart Students Killed
- Donate to Those Impacted by Lilydale Landslide
- Funerals Held for 2 Boys Killed in Lilydale Landslide
- Community Remembers Boys Killed in Lilydale Landslide
- St. Paul Taps Engineering Firm in Landslide Probe
- Geologist: Landslides Happen Often, are Unpredictable
- Dayton Attends Memorial for Landslide Victims