WEB EXTRA: Fake 911 Call Penalties
A 12-year-old's prank call Wednesday canceled classes in New Prague. The caller said there was an active shooter on campus, and the threat put all the schools in the district under lockdown. The Mayo Clinic also went into lockdown to prepare for any injuries.
Here's some information about what happens if you make a fake 911 call, including penalties and proposed legislative action:
- LETTER: Family of New Prague Prank Caller Issues Public Apology
- Teen Accused of New Prague 'Hoax' Back Home
- RAW VIDEO: Officials Explain New Prague School Threat
- RAW VIDEO: Classes Canceled at New Prague Schools
- RAW VIDEO: Chopper 5 Gets Aerial View of New Prague Middle School
- Felony Charges for 12-Year-Old Accused of New Prague 'Hoax'
- POLL: Should Fake 911 Calls Have Tougher Penalties?
- WEB EXTRA: Fake 911 Call Penalties