LIST: 2013 Domestic Violence Cases
So far in 2013 Minnesota has seen a number of what prosecutors are calling “domestic violence incidents”. There have been 13. Here the deadly cases:
- Jeffrey Trevino of St. Paul is charged with the murder of his wife Kira on Feb. 24. Her body hasn't been found, but prosecutors say evidence indicates a murder occurred in the couple's home.
- A St. Paul man pled guilty to killing his wife. Steven Johnson is sentenced to life in prison for the January murder of Manya Johnson. He admits to using a saw to dismember her body, then hiding the remains in a friend's garage. She was found Jan. 7.
- Just 16-years-old, Anna was found dead on a walking path in Maplewood on Feb. 23. Her 17-year-old boyfriend has been charged with her murder.
In 2012 there were 23 cases.
Here is a list of domestic violence assistance:
- LIST: 2013 Domestic Violence Cases
- Hike in Domestic Violence in Some Metro Counties
- Domestic Violence Groups Demand More Funding, Help for Victims
- Form Helps Minn. Police Assess High-Risk Domestic Abuse
- Father of Murdered Teen: Glad Suspect Was Denied Bail