St. Paul Man Charged with Murder, Search Continues for Wife's Body
A St. Paul man was charged with two counts of second degree murder in the death of his wife, according to a criminal complaint.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jeffrey Trevino is being held at the Ramsey County Jail for allegedly killing his wife, 30-year-old Kira Trevino.
Court documents released Thursday reveal investigators went through the Trevino house in St. Paul and found blood splattered in the master bedroom, kitchen, living room, hallway, bathroom and basement.
Investigators also discovered someone had tried to hide the blood splatters.
A large section of carpet was cut-out by the BCA and revealed a large stain in the shape of a human head and torso.
According to the criminal complaint, Mall of America security located Kira's car in the back corner of a parking lot Monday. Kira worked at MOA in a store called Delia's.
The tow operator noticed a substance that looked like blood around the trunk opening of the car. There was also a trunk liner near the car with apparent blood on it. The BCA tested the substances and determined they were human blood.
Ramsey County Attorney John Choi said Jeffrey tried to cover-up the murder, and 'law enforcement was there to unravel his schemes.'
Jeffrey was arrested Tuesday.
Although Kira's body has not been found the complaint says there is probable cause to conclude she's dead. That conclusion is based on on the amount of blood police found in her home and car, and the fact that it's uncharacteristic for Kira to go missing without contacting anyone.
Choi said it's very unusual to file charges when a body has not been found, but there was enough evidence in this case.
Trevino's bail was set at $1 million.
Click here to watch video of Thursday's news conference on this case.
WARNING: The criminal complaint contains graphic and disturbing details. Click here to read the criminal complaint.
- Body of Kira Trevino Found Battered, Nude
- RAW VIDEO: Police Say Kira Trevino's Body Was Found in the Mississippi River
- Investigation into Kira Trevino's Death Continues
- RAW VIDEO: $5K Reward Offered in Kira Trevino Case
- Nothing Found in Minn. Lake Search for Trevino's Body
- Volunteers Plan More Searches for Kira Trevino
- No Sign of Kira Trevino in Thursday's Search
- Volunteers Search Bunker Hills Regional Park for Kira Trevino
- Prosecutors Seek Tougher Sentence for Husband of Kira Trevino
- Volunteers Cover Miles in Search for Kira Trevino