Shop Helper, Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc., Building Services, Job #36-13
JOB TITLE: Shop Helper
COMPANY: HBI Corporate, Building Services
SCHEDULE: M-F as scheduled
STATUS: Full Time, Hourly
- Previous experience and ability to use and operate safely a variety of tools (power & hand), machines, and vehicles
- Ability to read and communicate in English
- Ability to regularly lift 50+ lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-3 months of experience and/or training preferred
- Considerable judgment required to plan and perform unusual and difficult work where only general methods are available
- Valid driver's license required and a safe driving record as determined by the Company (driving record will be checked)
- Perform highly diversified building maintenance. This includes carpentry and masonry work as well as duties to maintain the buildings and grounds.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, forklift, plow, Bobcat and lawn mower, landscaping tools, snow blower and other materials/equipment in performing duties
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work area
- Drive company owned vehicles with safety and complying with all traffic laws.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other employees and the public
- Assist shipping and receiving by unloading trucks, checking in materials, and
- distribution. Also assists other tradesmen as needed.
- Communicates building maintenance needs to supervisor and beyond. Makes building maintenance recommendations and assists with procuring needs
- Ability to work other hours or alternate schedule as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
3415 University Ave
St Paul, MN 55114
Fax: (651) 642-4314
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER