TIMELINE: President Obama Visits Minn.
President Barack Obama visited Minnesota to talk about his gun proposals. Here is a timeline of events during his visit:
- 11:58 a.m. - Air Force One Lands at MSP
- 12:05 p.m. - President gets off Air Force One at MSP International Airport with Senators Amy Klobuchar and Al Franken and U.S. Rep Betty McCollum. The President was greeted by Col Darrell Young, Wing Commander 934th Airlift Wing. He and senators greeted about 50 relatives of military and federal agencies and left for Minneapolis gun violence event.
- 12:07 p.m. - The President jogged over to a group to shake hands and posed for pictures.
- 12:10 p.m. - The President and members of Minnesota's delegation leave to Minneapolis Police Department's Special Operations Center.
President Obama joined Gov. Mark Dayton, Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak, U.S. Sens. Amy Klobuchar and Al Franken, Attorney General Eric Holder, U.S. Reps. Keith Ellison and Betty McCollum and community and neighborhood leaders for a private round-table discussion focusing on gun-violence.
- 1:44 p.m. - Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau takes the podium to introduce President Obama to the crowd at the Minneapolis Police Department. He walks in and shakes the hands of an invited group of law enforcement officials and Minnesota Lawmakers.
- 1:48 p.m. - President Obama mentions the the presence of Former V.P. Walker Mondale, Gov. Mark Dayton, Mpls. Mayor R.T. Rybak and St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman.
- 2:02 p.m. - President Obama wraps up his speech on gun control and shakes more hands before leaving.
- 2:32 p.m. - President Obama arrives at MSP and gets on Air Force One.
- 2:40 p.m. - Air Force One Takes off from MSP.