Walker Talks Mining and Jobs During 3 Stops
Gov. Scott Walker plans to talk about mining and jobs during three stops around Wisconsin.
Walker will visit Valley Plating and Fabricating in Green Bay Wednesday morning to promote his mining agenda. Then he heads to Schofield where he'll address employees at L & S Electric.
The governor will make his final stop of the day in Milwaukee where he'll meet with employees at Phoenix Products Co.
The Legislature is expected to revisit Wisconsin's mining regulations after the session begins this month. Republicans have worked to help Florida-based Gogebic Taconite open a huge iron mine just south of Lake Superior. Company officials have promised the mine would create 700 jobs in the economically depressed region, but want legislators to ease the regulatory path.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wisconsin Gov. Walker to Headline Iowa GOP Dinner
- Wis. Supreme Court to Meet with State Lawmakers
- Walker to Speak at Conservative Group's Meeting
- Walker to Deliver Third State of State Speech
- Wis. GOP Leaders Favor Lower Income Tax Rates
- Walker Talks Mining and Jobs During 3 Stops
- Eliminating Same-Day Registration to be Discussed in WI
- Report Says $69M in Recall Spending Outside Wis
- Wis. Governor Insists He's Not Thinking about 2016
- Walker Outlines Priorities in California Speech