FAQ on Permit to Carry
Where am I prohibited from carrying my pistol?
- School property
- A childcare center while children are present
- Public colleges and universities – may have policy restricting the carrying of weapons on their premises by employees and students while on campus
- Private establishments that have posted a sign banning guns on their premises
- Private establishments who have personally informed the permit holder that guns are prohibited and demands compliance
- Places of employment, public or private, if employer restricts the carry or possession of firearms by is employees
- State correctional facilities or state hospitals and grounds (MN Statute 243.55)
- Any jail, lockup or correctional facility (MN Statute 641.165)
- Courthouse complexes, unless the sheriff is notified (MN Statute 609.66)
- Offices and courtrooms of the Minnesota Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
- Any state building in the Capitol Area of St. Paul described in MN Statute Chapter 15B unless the commissioner of public safety is notified (MN Statute 609.66)
- In federal court facilities or other federal facilities (Title 18 U.S.C.§ 930)
FAQ on Permits to Carry, click here.