McCollum: Need to Act Immediately on Gun Violence
Minnesota Rep. Betty McCollum is calling for immediate action to end gun violence in the wake of the Connecticut school shooting.
McCollum says Congress and President Obama need to end the proliferation of guns. And the Democratic congresswoman says the National Rifle Association shouldn't stand in the way of what she calls "common sense gun laws."
Police say a gunman killed 26 people, including 20 children, at a school in Newtown on Friday.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Conn. Lawmakers Seek Federal Funds for Newtown
- Medal of Honor Society to Honor Newtown Educators
- Newtown Budget with Extra School Security Rejected
- Director Plans Movie Related to Newtown Shooting
- Newtown School Officials Seek Waiver to Testing
- Groupon Halts Gun Related Deals
- Minister: Somber Newtown Needs MLK's Words of Hope
- Newtown Shooting Survivors Record Song for Charity
- Conn. Group Starts Anti-Violence Effort
- Vote Set to Name Conn. School for Slain Teacher