New Brighton Blood Drive Supports Sandy Victims
To support victims of Superstorm Sandy, the New Brighton Department of Public Safety is hosting a blood drive.
The drive will take place from 1:30-6:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5, at the Public Safety Center.
According to the American Red Cross, in order to donate blood, you must:
- Be healthy, meaning that you feel well and can perform normal activities. Chronic conditions must be treated and under control.
- Be at least 17 years old, or 16 years old with parental consent
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Be free of antibiotics for 24 hours, unless taken daily for skin condition
Here is the frequency with which you can donate:
- Blood (whole blood): Every 56 days
- Platelets: Every 7 days, up to 24 times per year
- Plasma: Every 28 days, up to 13 times per year
- Double Red Cells: Every 112 days, up to 3 times per year
To make an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-288-4165; drop-ins are also welcome.