Firefighters Called to Grass Fire Near Valleyfair
Firefighters responded to a grass fire in Shakopee early Wednesday morning.
Officials say a downed power line sparked the fire on the south side of Highway 101, right across from Valleyfair. Crews had to wait until Xcel Energy could deaden the line before they could put out the fire.
“It’s extremely dry out there right now, so we're asking anyone having a bonfire in their backyard or campfire to keep it as small as possible,” said Ryan Yttreness of the Shakopee Fire Department.