2 Men Arrested After Drugs, 46 Guns Are Found in Maple Grove Home
Two men were arrested Tuesday after authorities found drugs and 46 guns in a Maple Grove home.
The Hennepin County Violent Offender Task Force and Maple Grove police executed a search warrant on the 9000 block of Kirkwood Lane North. The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office says the homeowner, 50-year-old Ted Otis, and a tenant, 30-year-old Beau Nicholson, were arrested.
Otis admitted to investigators that he used and sold methamphetamine from his home, the sheriff's office says.
Guns confiscated included:
- AK 7.62mm rifle
- .22 caliber Derringer pistol and two cartridges of .22 caliber ammunition
- .22 long rifle
- .357 Magnum CT6 handgun
- .380 caliber handgun with full magazine
- Tec-DC9 9mm handgun with suppressor and six magazines
- Three .22 caliber rifles
- .410 caliber revolver and five cartridges
- 9mm handgun with three loaded magazines
Otis remains in custody in the Hennepin County Jail. He is charged with two felony counts of controlled substance crime, fifth-degree possession while possessing a firearm, the sheriff's office says.
Nicholson is charged with prohibited person in possession of a firearm, which is a felony. He also remains in custody at the Hennepin County Jail.