Hastings Roads Shut Down for the Weekend
Drivers traveling near Hastings will need to take detours after 6 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, if traveling either directions of U.S. Highway 61 at the Mississippi River.
The highway will be closed for up to 72 hours for crews to float and lift the Main Span of the new U.S. Highway 61 Hastings Bridge into place.
Motorists should follow the detour using Interstate 494, U.S. Highway 52 and 55.
Other travel restrictions for the weekend starting at 6 a.m., Sept. 22, include:
- Lock and Dam Road near downtown Hastings will close at the boat launch.
- A DNR project will limit parking and access near Jaycee Park.
- The pedestrian and bike path will be closed from Lock and Dam No. 2 and downtown Hastings.
- All through-river traffic between Lock and Dam No. 2 and the CP Rail Bridge east of downtown Hastings will be suspended.
- Lock and Dam Road and the bike path will reopen by 9 a.m., Sept. 22.
- Through-river traffic and U.S. Highway 61 will reopen late Sept. 24.
For more information, call the Hastings Bridge Project Hotline at 651-775-5244.